Dr. Sam Mellace and his wife, Willemijn, have been cooking with cannabis since 2001, when Sam was first diagnosed with cancer. He knew that sugar-laden edibles - like the gummies found in today's dispensaries - can make cancer worse. (Refined sugar speeds the reproduction of cancer cells). So, the couple began to compile their own therapeutic canna-kitchen recipes and started counselling Dr. Mellace's patients to do the same.
Dr. Sam Mellace's forthcoming book The Great Cannabis Conspiracy: Inside the Battle for the World's Most Powerful Weed is now available for pre-order with FREE shipping. For information about the book please click here.
Cannabis Olive Oil
Yields about 1/4 cup
THC per cup: 283.5 mg
- 1/4 ounce cured cannabis flowers, finely ground
- 1/4 cup organic extra-virgin olive oil
- coffee grinder
- fine mesh strainer
- Place cannabis into a coffee grinder and grind until powdered. The cannabis will stick to the inside of the grinder, so scrape it out thoroughly.
- Place oil into a 6-inch diameter shallow frying pan or saucepan. Using a wooden spoon, continuously stir cannabis into the oil over a very low simmer for 10–20 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Line a fine mesh strainer with cheesecloth and place it over a bowl, wide-mouth jar, or measuring cup. Twist cannabis with cheesecloth, squeezing out every last drop of oil.
- Use oil immediately or transfer oil to a clean, clear or dark bottle or jar with a lid or cork.
Yields: 6-10 servings
THC per Cup: 30 mg
- 3 tablespoons Cannabis Olive Oil
- 4 avocados – peeled, pitted, and mashed
- 2 lime, juiced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 4 grams cannabis, ground into a fine powder
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, smashed then minced
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- Sea salt, finely ground
- Cayenne pepper
- Chiles (serrano, jalapeno, etc.), diced
- Preheat oven to 225°F. Spread the ground cannabis on a cookie sheet and bake for 45 minutes or more.
- In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients except for the cannabis.
- Stir in the ground cannabis after it’s done baking.
- Adjust with optional add-ins until the desired spice/seasoning is reached.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.